Friday, August 27, 2010

Some Good News

This week has been a shit show. I'm sick of the PharmD's and their pompous attitudes. I'm sick of the freshmen and their cluelessness. I'm sick of sophomore commuter students who forget which side of the road they're supposed to drive on. I'm also sick of the work already (that sure didn't take long). I'm frustrated with the people around me being fairly insensitive.

I finally received some good news today, which is really the first good news of the week. I finally spoke to my advisor and am officially starting the application process for graduate school. I'm going to be pursuing a Masters in Pharmacology then going on to PhD studies in either Biopharmaceutical Engineering or Experimental Drug Therapy, both of which are PhD programs that will come into being in the next two years. I'll be among the first students to pursue either of those PhD programs and I'm excited about it.

He also said that I had a good chance of getting an assistantship which will pay for my tuition and give me a stipend. This is another thing that I had been hoping for.

It is an immense relief to have those parts of my future nailed down. This is my last year in the Bachelors program and I was beginning to worry about what I was supposed to do after I finish this. I had some vague ideas about graduate school and I'm glad that I have a course to follow and an ultimate goal that has been defined.

No comments:

Post a Comment