That familiar sinking feeling has taken up residence in the region of my stomach. School is starting soon. Goodbye to the lazy summer days, the simple world of labwork, and the long evenings of knitting and hanging out with friends.
I received my textbooks in the mail today. Pharmacology and The Immune System. I glanced through them and felt the rusty cogs in my brain starting to turn. It is not going to be easy to get back into that groove.
I checked out The Birth of Venus from the library. Next time I'm planning to check out Middlesex (which I've read before and loved).
I'm still working on (and loving) the Lavalette shawl. My third socially acceptable blanket of the year. I may reach ten shawls in 2010.
I'm also still working on my TTL Mystery Sock '09. It's slow going because I want them to be done properly so I'm really focusing while I work on them. When I want mindless knitting I turn back to Lavalette.
My other projects are hibernating until I finish those two projects. I can't wait to be the proud owner of my very first pair of hand-knit wool socks.
I also reorganized my office today. I really need to acquire a work table so that I can permanently move my sewing machine off of my desk. I also set up my printer for the first time since I moved into the house. I've been making do with the printers at the resource room and the lab, but the new resource room doesn't have printers set up yet and my lab's printer isn't hooked up to the computers yet. Everything is drastically behind schedule.
I'm thinking about making a casserole type meal for dinner. The problem is that the recipe I want to use will make a TON of food. I suppose I could send leftovers home with Lee.
Never mind. I'll just get out some chicken and we'll bread it and fry it for dinner. Maybe I'll run to Monnette's and pick up some fresh veggies.
No comments:
Post a Comment