Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gathering of the Damned and a CO

The Gathering of the Damned, Mor'sereg's first day event, was yesterday and it went extraordinarily well. 113 people showed up, feast was a success, and the battle scenarios were excellent. We had a fabulous time.

I showed up around 9:45 AM, ran some errands for the unit leaders, helped with weapons check, set up the city battle with the help of Pan, Dracius and Koru. Fought in the city battle, went and helped with feast, was a res point with a water gun for the final pick-up battles, then walked the field and helped clean up. I was a busy, busy girl and now I'm exhausted and choosing to laze the day away.

I cast on the Paton's yoga sock pattern a few days ago while waiting for DW to show up at the lab. I don't know how I feel about the stitch pattern that the pattern uses, but I want to work it through and see how it looks finished and so that I can understand how the pattern is supposed to work. I'm planning to participate in Socktober so I'm easing myself into sock knitting.

Plus, I think the yoga socks are cute, and my house is cold during the winter.

I'm also still actively working on my ruffled scarf and Wisp. I'm about ready for Wisp to be done, but I keep putting it down periodically to work on other things. I'm probably around a third of the way through it. I'll work my way through it today. After all, I'm not doing anything else.

An aside: I'm watching the History Channel while I'm writing this. They are talking about how humans might have been genetically engineered by aliens. That the angels of the Judeo-Christian tradition are actually aliens. That God is just an alien. That we were created "in the image" of aliens.

While I, as a scientist, am intellectually entertained by this concept, I'm a little put off by it simply because it makes Earth look like a science experiment by some superior race on another planet. I wonder if they (whoever they are, if they exist) have the same allocation-of-funds problems that research here on Earth has. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment