I finished my new Felicity hat - which is made from the Berroco Vintage in a gunmetal blue shade. It turned out much better than my first attempt (in red). I'm going to use the rest of this yarn to make a coordinating scarf - which will probably be striped or something...maybe I'll use coordinating leftover yarns from my other projects so the scarf will match with other pieces that I've made. I haven't decided yet. I used between 2/3 and 3/4 of a skein to make it.
I CO the Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief today, in some leftover Plum Heather yarn (Caron Simply Soft) that I had from my Sampler Scarf (last Fall - no pictures) and Maeo's Hat (his Christmas present). I have probably 1.75 skeins to play with. I'm willing to let this be a smaller shawl if I run out of yarn. If I run out, I'll make another one from the Caron Simply Soft Heather in Deep Teal that I have three skeins of. Mom will be happy with either color.
My Mom and sister came up to see me this weekend. We move the last of the things from my apartment to the house, and she took me shopping for more kitchen goodies. Like a cooling rack and a hand mixer, which will greatly enhance my cookie-making productivity. She also bought me a lovely sleeveless drapey sweater wrap thing at the Gap which is rapidly becoming my favorite garment.
My fridge is full of leftovers and I'm quite content to sit and knit and listen to a book on iPod after all of the hustle and bustle of the past day and a half.
I gave Marathos his hat on Friday and he loved it. I am well pleased. I just hope he didn't lose it at the bar.
Also, I finally replaced my broken iHome yesterday. It's so nice to not have to fight it every time I want to listen to a book. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment