School officially started today, bringing my summer of gleeful freedom to an end. I like school, but I find it utterly exhausting sometimes. It helps that I'm finally pursuing something that I care about, regardless of what other people think of it. Though I am rapidly growing tired of people hating on my major.
I'm never going to be a pharmacist. And I'm more than okay with that. I'm ecstatic. I'm thrilled. The moment I cast off the mantle of that potential future, I felt so light that only my toes touched the ground.
I also felt like writing for the first time in a long time today. That's what I love about being in a class that KM teaches. I feel so inspired, so challenged, so assured of my own talent.
It's cool enough tonight to open the windows of my house and let the breeze blow through. The crickets are singing and life is good. There's an empty beer bottle on the table with the last traces of sweat on the glass. The air smells like gin and I'm really bloody happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment