First, the endings:
I am officially free of Campus Village Apartments. I moved out early in March due to safety and maintenance issues including my car being broken into, the belligerent fights outside of my apartment at all hours of the night, and the inability to get anything fixed (even the things that were broken when we moved in). I have been forking over 375/month for the privilege of NOT living there ever since that date after I received a very nasty reply email from the manager in response to my letter regarding safety as my primary reason for leaving. Including March (I only lived there for a week of that month), I've paid them $1,875 to not live there until my lease was up. I don't suggest that anyone ever live in that particular apartment complex. It's a foul, disgusting rat hole full of delinquents and crime. In particular, I remember having to go to a local coffee shop to study and do homework on the weekends because my neighbors loved sports and would blare them as loud as their TV would let them, and despite filing numerous noise complaints nothing ever changed.
In summary, goodbye and good riddance you bastards.
I also cashed my very last paychecks from Rite Aid today, signifying the very, very end of that whole fiasco as well. I worked at that store for nearly three years, and the only reason I quit (aside from my boss being a passive aggressive slut) was because I wasn't getting hours anymore (because my passive aggressive slut boss was giving my hours to her brand new, shiny interns).
In summary, goodbye and good riddance you stupid slut.
And as for beginnings, all of the boxes have been safely transported to the new campus and now the laborious task of unpacking begins. Today I unpacked and set up the student office area and the ordering computer in the lab. DW never showed up while I was there and I had too many things to take care of this afternoon to go back, so the actual lab equipment has yet to be freed from their boxes. Not that that is terribly important. Our fish are still on Main Campus, so we're on hiatus until that part of the move is complete.
I also finished the herald's tabbards today (finally). I promised myself I wouldn't put them off until the night before the event...and it isn't dark out yet, right? :)
I also CO the Paton's Yoga Socks. I've really gotten back into yoga lately, as well as running and hiking. Today, I started out my day with yoga, then took a 3.3 mile hike at one of the metroparks. All and all today has been a very satisfying day.
Now, I desperately need a shower, then some friends are coming over to hang out. I'm excited. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment