Today will be devoted to laying out in the sunshine with one of my dear friends, smoking hookah, drinking wine and knitting. Though, I just went through my notebook on Ravelry and discovered that all four of my in-progress projects are scarves. This immediately made me want to work on another project, so I'm thinking I'm going to make some slippers today or something along those lines. Something that's small and full of instant gratification.
The four scarves in progress are: Crankshaft (for Dad), My So-Called Scarf (for someone), Lace Oriel Scarf (for Maeo) and Wisp (for me).
I'm putting Maeo's scarf off until last because I need to have a book open and read a chart in order to work on it, and I hate that. I can memorize just about anything less complicated than lace patterns.
Another option is starting my sweater so that I can have that done for Fall as well. Mary Maxim had what I call "sweater bags" of yarn on sale for $10/each when I was last there. Each bag contains ten 50g skeins of yarn - enough to make a sweater. I've never knit a sweater before, so my mom picked out a simple sweater pattern for me to try out to get my feet wet with large projects. I've knit literally dozens of scarves in the more-than-a-decade that I've been knitting, but the largest single project I've ever completed was the Boneyard Shawl that I completed a few days ago.
I've been lusting over my paint set for days now too. Unfortunately, I still haven't made it to Michael's to get a new bristol board pad and more of my basic color palette. I want to paint on fabric, but I don't want to invest in canvases when I'm so out of practice. My middle ground thus far has been to stretch fabric that I already have over a piece of particle board and staple it in place and paint on that. Hardly as satisfying.
I did, however, pick up a sketchbook yesterday and discovered that my drawing pencils have also disappeared during the move. So I need to pick some of those up too.
Fortunately, I have money in the bank and I still have two paychecks to cash from the job I no longer have. I have a day completely open to do whatever I want with whomever I want and that is most delightful. I feel like today is truly the first day of summer vacation (sad, I know) because it's the first day that I haven't felt riddled with worry about something or other. I'm perpetually running from one task to another, but not today. Today is for fun things and making myself happy. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment