Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pt. Sanilac, Michigan 7/1-7/9

So while I was in Michigan, I visited my favorite yarn store and purchased even more yarn to use in projects this summer and fall. I made a couple of things while I was on vacation, including these:

Twisted Sister Armwarmers




Photobucket
The Felicity Hat
(I'm making one of these for my sister for her birthday in a gorgeous shade of sky blue)

I started this striped scarf:

Photobucket
But I'm going to frog it and start over because the curling edges irritates the crap out of me.

I also purchased two skeins of pink variegated yarn from the Piece of Ewe yarn store in Bay City, Michigan. I was going to knit a pair of slippers out of them but I don't have enough yarn. :(

All patterns (except the striped scarf pattern, which is retardedly simple anyway) are available on Ravelry.com. Friend me: VivecaAsima.

In other news, I now own a grill and can't wait to start grilling delicious veggies and steaks on it. My garage finally looks like a garage now that all the boxes from the move have been broken down and recycled. My tomato plants are heavy with fruit and the jalapenos love their sunny corner of my garden. My oregano died, but there's a local greenhouse running a sale on plants and I'm going to go pick up a new plant sometime this upcoming week. My lavender, basil, chamomile, and especially the cilantro are doing very well. I can't wait to make homemade salsa from the goodies in my garden. I'm reading Wuthering Heights and The Garden of Eden (by Hemingway) and listening to Charlaine Harris's Dead Until Dark while I work and drive.

I'm currently doing laundry, which is a much-needed enterprise considering that I had already accumulated enough laundry to justify washing before I went on vacation. The front yard needs mowed. My living room needs vacuumed. the kitchen and laundry room floor need swept (because the men who installed my AC last weekend tracked dirt everywhere and left little bits of wire and plastic everywhere). And it's Sunday, so many of these things need to be completed before I go to bed tonight.

I am currently working on the Boneyard shawl in a lovely shade of deep brick red. I've completed 4 1/2 repeats of the twelve-row pattern. I can't wait to complete this shawl and block it. I have visions of myself wearing this with those nifty circle-and-pin shawl pins once it gets cool out. I absolutely love the color of this yarn, which is a 75%/25% Acrylic/Wool blend. I'm tentatively planning to make my Mom one of these for Christmas.

Next big project is going to be a sweater. I'm liking this pattern a lot: http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTcherieamour.html. I'm sure that I have some bulky weight yarn laying around here somewhere, waiting to be used. Not going to lie, I would wear that sweater all the time.

Time to go switch loads. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment