Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home for the Weekend

I finished the Boneyard shawl. It's blocking out on the deck as I speak. I'll take pictures here in a little while. I also finished my sister's Felicity hat and she loves it. There'll be pictures of that later too. I have to visit the grandparents before I leave today, so I'm anticipating a late departure (in any case, later than I would like to be leaving because I'd need to leave now to make it to dag practice). Dad is changing the oil in Beulah, so I'm waiting on that too.

I was reading Cloth, Paper, Scissors yesterday and I really want to hand-bind a book again. I used to do that all the time, but i've really tapered off in recent years. I want to take up painting again too. And drawing. And pastels. I dug up all my old brushes, paints and pastels yesterday and have packed them up in boxes to take them to Toledo. Cannot for the life of me find my bristol board tablet. So that, and the primary acrylic colors need to be replaced. I found a whole bunch of my grandmother's old oil paints. I have no idea if they're still good or not, but I'm going to play with them anyway. I found some old canvases downstairs too. They just became mine. :)

Mom is probably going to take me shopping today as a consolation prize for missing dag practice again. I haven't played dag since Ragnarok. I'm really starting to miss it. In any case, I hope that my consolation prize today is outdoor furniture in the form of a pair of chaise lounges. That would rock my day. My back patio desperately needs a little help (first I need to get rid of those pesky anthills though).

I can't wait to set up the gardens in the back. I can't wait to plan myrtle and day lilies around the patio. I can't wait to lay out my vegetable and herb beds. Mostly, I can't wait to eat home grown veggies.

I need to go check on that shawl. It's really hot and humid out, and while it was mostly dry when i put it out there, I worry about it and want to bring it in as soon as possible. The sun gets pretty harsh out there. I don't want it to get bleached or anything silly like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment