First goal for today has been accomplished: sleep in. This was a near-fail because I woke up for the first time around 7 AM. But in either case, I stubbornly continued to sleep until 10.
Further goals for today: cleaning everything in this house. I'm going to reorganize the kitchen, vacuum the living room and hallway, potentially my bedroom too. Definitely the office (so many pesky pins on the floor...I've taken to leaving my slippers outside the door. I'm going to sweep the kitchen after it has been reorganized and vacuum (not dustpan - sorry to make that a verb) up the cremains of my meal-making.
Meals have been especially good lately. With air conditioning, I can justify cooking because it doesn't heat the house up too badly. Last night it was homemade focaccia crust pizza topped with mozzarella and feta cheeses and jalapenos from my garden. The sauce was some kind of green-pepper containing sauce that I would never have been allowed to use at home (my mother loathes green peppers and will not allow them or any products containing them into her house...I, on the other hand, and ever other member of the family loves them).
The night before last it was four-cheese risotto with fresh minced garlic. Risotto is one of those things that isn't particularly hard to make. It's just time consuming and a little labor intensive because you have to stand there and stir the rice constantly while slowly adding the chicken broth.
I don't measure things, but here's the approximates: 2 cups sushi rice, 4 cups chicken broth, two minced garlic cloves, one large handful of shredded Italian four-cheese blend (Mom buys me the containers of cheese at Sam's every time I come home. I use it in everything that I can). I think the four cheese are Parmesan, Asiago, Romano, and Provolone. I could be wrong though.
I am also currently hoarding a wheel of Brie that I'm going to wrap up in pastry and bake with pesto at some point, but since I can't eat the entire thing on my own I've been waiting for someone to come over and help me eat it. Preferably Lee. I know how much he loves pesto. I haven't seen much of him lately, and it's making me a little sad.
I started a pair of cabled armwarmers the other night, but they (and all my other knitting projects) are on hold until the blister I developed on Stackhouse day heals. It's huge and right at the junction of my right forefinger and palm. I tried knitting but (1) it hurts and (2) my tension is off. So I'll just wait and try again later.
I think it is time to get some breakfast then get on with the work.
No comments:
Post a Comment