Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls and Herald Tabbards

I made cinnamon rolls out of a can for breakfast today as a kind of special treat. I'm currently between eating those tasty little nuggets of goodness and hopping in the shower. Today is going to have a later start than usual.

On the To-Do list for today: Goodwill to try to find a bag that I can mod, Jo-Ann's for yellow tabbard fabric and thread, locating at either store a black shawl pin of some sort, and collecting various hardware for modding. I want the bag to end up looking something like this:
I'm poor and can't afford the gorgeous ones on Etsy. However, I'm very crafty and clever and will probably be able to whip something like it together eventually.

I've been really inspired by the steampunk style lately. Not to an absurd amount; I'm not walking around in bustles and tiny little top hats and fish nets. I love the accessories though: the refashioning of old objects into pieces of art.

I think it's about time for me to get going with my day. I have so much packing to do before I take my lunch break, and I won't get to go about it at a leisurely pace today. *sad face*

No comments:

Post a Comment