Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mood: Contented

I baked some delicious Snickerdoodles today. Soft on the inside, crunchy around the edges. Perfect.

I also finished my cabled armwarmers today. I love finishing projects. Such a sense of accomplishment.

Just started a cowl with the leftover pink yarn and some black yarn I had in stash. It's a reverse rice stitch pattern and it will be my first attempt at a picot edge.

I found the Nanny on TV. I have a pot of blackberry sage tea on my coffee table and a lightly cerebral knitting project (those ptbl are not something I'm used to). I'm hoping that Lee doesn't show up at my house at 4 AM again tonight (or tomorrow morning, for that matter).

I was dead asleep. Then I woke up. And I didn't know what woke me up. So I glanced at the clock to calculate how many hours I had left to sleep. At that moment, I heard something. Now, I sleep with a fan on and the AC had just kicked on (which is what I assumed had awakened me, even though it never has before...not even when I first got it) so I had a hard time hearing whatever it was...Then I heard my bedroom doorknob rattle.

I silently wished that I had a baseball bat. Or my throwing knife (which I'm not good at throwing, but which is still pretty big and mean-looking). I heard a muffled voice outside my room. I stayed in bed, terrified to move, grateful that I had remembered to lock the door to my bedroom. My next thought was of my cell phone. Which was in my bag. Which was on the floor of my bedroom somewhere.

Finally, I got out of bed and crept to the door and listened carefully. I heard shuffling still, but it was somewhat familiar shuffling...so, in a low voice, I said, "Baby...?"

"Yeah?" Lee said.

God bless that man. I was so bloody happy that it was him that I didn't care about being rudely awakened at 4 AM because one of his roommates was being loud and angry and he didn't want to be around that house anymore.

Let's just say that if that doesn't happen again tonight, I will be so happy. But I'm going to do a couple of things differently. For one, I'm making sure that I have my usual collection of weapons in my bedroom before I go to bed. For another, I'm going to make sure that my cell is in a more convenient location. For example, plugged into the outlet within reach of the bed. These seem like good ideas.

Also, I should probably come up with dinner. Haven't had that yet...just tea and cookie dough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment