Holy crap do I love this dress
I bought the fabric from Joann's while I was helping a friend pick fabric to make pantaloons out of. I knew I wanted something in neutral colors, predominately black but not all black. The moment I saw it, I knew it was the one - a black floral print on a beige background. It's also a rayon/poly blend, which was also pretty ideal since a portion of the wedding was going to be outside.
This fabric, while perfectly fitting the bill of what I wanted to wear, was not at all what I like to sew with. It frayed a bit here and there, but most of my problems had to do with how slippery it was. Since I'm a cheap-ass, I didn't buy spray starch; instead, I just went about putting it together slowly and took frequent breaks to readjust my internal critic.
I wore this with my second Morris blazer - featured in a different blog post - and a pair of black snakeskin wedge heels that I wore at my previous job. Tons of people complimented both the dress and the blazer.
-Update-
Life got super hectic and I let a lot of things slide. This blog was one of them; however, I just went through and photographed ALL the projects I've made since the last series of blog posts and that's easily half the battle of writing blog posts. So the next several project posts are photographed pretty much in the same style, and that's because I did them all at once. Womp womp.
No comments:
Post a Comment