Friday, July 17, 2015

Eloise Shorts - Ohhh Lulu

I am totally weak in the presence of lingerie patterns, so when Ohhh Lulu released her new collection of lingerie sewing patterns it was all I could do to reign in my enthusiasm and choose only ONE pattern to start with.  I've had mixed success with her patterns - great success with the Jasmine bra, less so with her longline bra pattern - but I love how they look and want them all.  I selected the Eloise shorts pattern because it doesn't involve fold-over elastic (appropriately abbreviated FOE) and because I primarily wear shorts in that style (but purchased from Aerie) to bed and I'm starting to outgrow the ones that suited me in my early-20s.  

A+ use of leftover fabric, eh?

I had about a yard of fabric left over from when I made my last Myrtle that I had ear-marked to make tap-pants out of once I found a suitable pattern.  That plan was junked in favor of immediate gratification.  

Pattern assembly was straight forward, as was tracing my size (I think I traced a Large), and everything went together really easily.  I was a little wary, because the front isn't elasticized and the back is, but everything lined up.  I serged all the guts after basting together with my sewing machine straight stitch so that nothing slid around on me.  

I love them.  They're super slinky and short and great for wearing to bed with cute little camisoles.  I'd like to try out making them from flannel for winter, but that's not relevant in July/August.  

No comments:

Post a Comment