Sunday, July 19, 2015

Anima Lounge Shorts!

I'm a pretty big fan of the Anima pants pattern, so when Me-Made May made it abundantly clear that I needed a pair of me-made lounge shorts, I knew I was going to end up re-using this much-loved pattern.  

Heck yes lounge shorts!

These are made out of cotton/poly ponte de roma from Joann Fabrics.  I omitted the button holes and draw-string casing from the pattern, but otherwise this is made up according to the pattern instructions.  I stabilized the hem with stitch-witchery before using a twin-needle to hem them to prevent tunneling, which is a new favorite sneaky technique.

I wear them nearly constantly.  It's too hot out right now to wear my favorite loungewear items - mainly flannel pajama pants - and these have filled the gap in my wardrobe nicely.  I even wore them as real clothes when Val, Ty, and I were returning from a Dashboard Confessional concert in Cleveland.  Some days you wake up sore from rocking out and can't face putting on real pants. XD

I thought I was going to need to make another pair of them - so I could have one to wear when the other was in the wash - but it turns out that I only really need the one pair, especially since I'll be starting work soon.  It's typically frowned-on to wear pajama shorts to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment