Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Oslo Cardigan

Good afternoon!  Unfortunately I've been pretty sick for the last several days, and had been out of town off-and-on for the two weeks prior, so I just now got around to photographing this make!  This is the Oslo cardigan from Seamworks Magazine, made up in a cotton/spandex performance knit from Joann's.


I cut this out before I left for Cincinnati more than two weeks ago.  I finally got around to sewing it up last week after returning from South Haven, while boyfriend was sick in bed.

(Interior)

Prior to making this, I had one black cardigan that I purchased at Old Navy a year ago.  It quickly grew threadbare and shabby-looking (as modern RTW is wont to do) but I continued to wear it stubbornly up until my job ended.  As soon as I saw Oslo, I knew I wanted to make it.  This pattern was actually the tipping-point for subscribing to Seamworks.  

I originally purchased this fabric to make a pair of Ohhh La Leggings from Papercut Patterns.  I'm pretty sure I still have enough left over to swing a pair of the cropped length; however, this fabric rolled and stuck to itself and was a pain to work with so I'm not sure exactly when I'll get around to it.  Also, it was extremely difficult to tell the right side from the wrong side without bright lights and super-clean glasses. XD

Regardless, it's really comfy and going to be a great wardrobe staple!

No comments:

Post a Comment