Thursday, April 23, 2015

Me-Made May

I, Viveca of overdevelopedsenseofenlightenment.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear one me-made garment (sewn or knit) each day for the duration of May 2015.

Last year, I was super-excited to discover Me-Made May.  A month-long challenge about wearing the garments I've spent so much time making and that make me feel amazing when I wear them?!  Awesome!  But I was also super-bummed, because I discovered it about midway through the month and I hadn't had the time or money to sew many garments that weren't Dagorhir garb.  I had recently started a new job (in February) and hadn't quite gotten through my 90-day probationary period, and I was trying to catch up on bills and save some money for the future.  But I planned right then to do it in 2015.

I still don't have a huge amount of handmade clothes, to be honest.  I just pulled out what I could easily find and here are the stats:

Dresses: 2
Skirts: 7
Cardigans: 1
Knit tops: 8
Sweatshirts: 1
Sweaters (handknit): 3
Socks (handknit): at least 8*
Scarves/Shawls: 5
Blazer: 1

I currently have plans to sew a couple more skirts - they're my favorite sewing project - and I'd like to sew a couple more knit tops, maybe an Osaka and/or Bristol skirt, and another Morris blazer (in a suiting fabric).

My me-mades definitely show my learning curve with knits over the last year (some of that top-stitching is truly cringe-worthy) and it's evident that I struggled with adapting to my new sewing machine, but things are smoothing out.

Pictures!






I also have a pair of altered pants, a pair of Hudson pants, a Hemlock tee, an Aberdeen top, and at least one more pair of handknit socks that I left in Cincinnati the last time I was there.  I'm hoping to get them back before May, but I'm not 100% sure that's going to happen.

I'm super excited to get to participate in Me Made May '15!  Good luck to everyone else who's participating!

No comments:

Post a Comment