Step 1: Coffee.
Step 2: Sew a shirt.
Step 3: Prepare for the AAPS online career fair.
Step 4: More coffee.
Yesterday, I cut out the Aberdeen top from Seamwork Magazine. This will be my second time making it. First time through I made a straight size medium and it's too big through the shoulders, so this time I graded between an XS (my bust measurement = 34") and the M (my waist = 30" and hip = 40"). I can tell from looking at the graded pattern that the shoulders look closer to what my RTW clothes look like, so I cut it out in some black interlock yesterday so I could sew it together this morning.
I'm really nervous about the AAPS career fair that's scheduled for Wednesday. I've never been to a career fair before, much less an online one, so I'm doing a lot of reading online and I'm going to be organizing my desktop later today and rewriting resumes and cover letters so they're ready to email out if any of the companies are interested. Currently there aren't a ton of companies who have their booths set up, but I'm really interested in at least one of them, so here's hoping that seeing my cheerful face and getting to talk to a human for a change will improve my chances.
Good luck in your endeavors today!
No comments:
Post a Comment