Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Linden Sweatshirt

Yesterday afternoon I finished my second Linden Sweatshirt, designed by Grainline Studio.  I used gray non-stretch sweatshirt fabric and black ribbing (both cotton/poly blends).  This is a straight size 10, even though my bust measurement is two sizes smaller.  I left it because the fabric has zero stretch whatsoever, but I really wanted to use it because it looked best with the black ribbing.  Both fabrics came from Joann Fabrics, and I assembled the whole thing on my serger except for that fancy topstitching at the neckband (which I'm pretty proud of).




I haven't posted an updated picture of my work room in a long time.  Updates include addition of another table - so I can have a dedicated cutting/ironing station.  My mom got me a Janome Skyline S5 sewing machine for Christmas; previously, I used a Janome 3125.  The serger is a Brother 1034D that I got on Black Friday last year.  My grandmother gave me her Singer last year as well, which I still use occasionally.  On the left-side of the picture is a clothes rack that I picked up at Big Lots where I hang things that need to be altered as well as patterns that are currently in use.  My Dad gave me the toolbox in the corner for my birthday, and I store my sewing machine parts and tools in there.

The Maker print is the newest addition.  It's a little thank-you gift from Megan Nielsen for pattern-testing the Veronika skirt pattern (coming soon) that I framed yesterday and hung up.  I can't wait to find more prints/decorations for this room.  I love working in it - it's so peaceful and everything's so organized!


This is a pretty bland post.  I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging after years of inconsistency.  I've made several other garments in the past few weeks - Hemlock tees, the Aberdeen top from Seamwork Magazine, Mabel skirts in different lengths.  I'm super excited to test the Veronika Skirt pattern - it's at the top of my sewing list at the moment - and I want to make the Osaka wrap skirt from Seamwork as well.

I very recently lost my job as a clinical research coordinator because the non-profit I was working for lost grant funding and was forced to close.  The next few months will be fairly chaotic - I'll be looking for another job and potentially relocating - but I definitely want to use some of this time to update my wardrobe and prepare for Me-Made May.  I love my me-made garments and tend to reach for them before I reach for RTW, and I'd love to have more options.

On today's itinerary: trace the Veronika pattern pieces, cut fabric, apply for jobs, brew kombucha, mix some bread dough, and do some laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment