Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

1.) Love when it would be easier to hate.

2.) Read more books.

3.) Write more things worth writing.

4.) Write less trashy bullshit.

5.) All A’s and B’s this semester.

6.) Make an appearance at the lab on a more regular basis.

7.) Be more gracious and kind.

8.) Quit letting the bitch win.*

9.) Tell the people I care about that I love them on a regular basis.

10.) Apologize when I’m wrong with my actions not just my words.

11.) Do the things that make me happy and fulfilled.

12.) Celebrate arbitrary achievements of myself and others.

13.) Smile more. Facepalm less. Definitely hit my head on tables less.

14.) Be more patient.

15.) Be more generous with my time and talents, because ya’ll know I don’t have any money. ;)

16.) Make dresses. Because dresses are really cute and I like wearing them because they make me feel pretty. And I really like feeling pretty.

17.) Laugh loudly.

18.) Don’t take life too seriously.

*One of my very dear friends told me this a little less than a year ago, and the “bitch” isn’t anyone in particular. It’s representative of whatever is getting to you, the bitch that just cut you off in traffic, the bitch who just stole your copy of your pharmacology notes and thus made off with 50 pages of your print quota, the bitch who’s eating crunchy food in the library when you’re trying to study, the bitch who decided to try to fuck with your day. The key is not to let the bitch win, and the only way she wins is if she gets to you. :D

Happy 2011! Let’s make it better than 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment