Sunday, December 5, 2010

Some Things

Remember that green sundress that I was working on last summer? Well, I finally figured out how to make my sewing machine do button holes (which was more a matter of overcoming laziness than any increase in intelligence on my part) so I finished that sundress completely last week. I also fixed the awkward bunching that happened on the bodice. It's a cute sundress. I can't wait to make more of these with the other patterns I have hidden away in my closet.

I'm knitting presents at the moment. I have a hippopotamoose in the works for my Secret Satan for Mor'sereg. I'm working on a commissioned hat for a friend of mine that he's planning to give to his girlfriend for Christmas. I'm still halfway through the Picot and Lace Armwarmers. I still need to do the crochet edging on my Dad's Thorpe.

Yesterday I acquired some lovely gold fabric that I'm going to turn into a pair of pantaloons and a tunic (the same pattern as the wool suiting one in black).

I bought a book called Itty-Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson. I am absolutely in love with this book. I especially want to make the felted bouncy balls. I know so many people who would love them.

I received my GRE scores. I'm proud to say that I earned a 5.0 on the essay, which is right around where I expected to be.

I have the foam that I need for my shield in the garage as we speak. It is simply too cold to worry about foamsmithing right now.

I've pulled the garb items that I had problems with during the dag season for refurbishment. During the off-season, I'm planning to convert/salvage them. In particular, there is a pair of wrap pants made out of gold fabric with purple detailing that I made to match a purple mandarin-collar tunic which I never wear. I'm going to convert them into pantaloons (since I know for a fact that I will wear the shit out of some pantaloons).

Also, this upcoming week is my last week of class this semester. I'm starting to prep for finals, which draws me away from my fun projects.

I've also started to piece a quilt. So busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment