Today, I must finish my Mom's scarf (July is for Jag pattern on Ravelry), the Mongoose's scarf (a basic basket-weave scarf in a brown wool/alpaca blend) and my sister's hula hoop.
I finally crocheted the edging on Dad's hat. The gift Thorpe is languishing in my house (200 miles away from where I am right now) as is Amanda's fingerless gloves. The cripple's blanket is on hold because I'm busy finishing the pressing projects.
I also have on the agenda for today: helping make buckeyes, making bath salts (to be added to Christmas presents for friends at school), and ransacking my parent's house for things to make soup mix out of for the Boyfriend's family. Also, knitting his Mom's hat.
So, we're going to break this down into stuff that I'm going to do before I knit my mittens and stuff I'm going to do after I knit my mittens. Because I want my fucking mittens before the snow goes away and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to get around to making my own winter-appropriate knitted goods in May. Which is thoroughly pointless and quite a bit frustrating.
Next year, everyone is getting gifts from Amazon because next year I will have money because next year I will be a grad student who will hopefully have a stipend. Booyah.
Before mittens:
*finish Mom's scarf
*hula hoop
*Mongoose scarf
*start BF Mom hat
After Mittens:
*cute little owls
*finish BF Mom hat
*soup mixes for BF Family
*Amanda's fingerless gloves
*cripple blanket
*slipper socks for Em and Lauren
It's not like I'm going to see the people that those are for until well after Christmas anyway.
I should probably bake cookies for the people who wrote me letters of recommendation. That would be a good choice. Cookies...will be baked once I'm back at school. Sometime in January.
Classes start the 10th. I'm trudging through the reading lists for my English Lit classes. So. Much. Literature.
Why am I trying to do this much crap during this break? Shouldn't I be sleeping in and watching movies and reading blogs on the internet?
Nope. I'm not that cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment