Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Making...a post of two days

So here's the post I apparently started writing yesterday:

So, today is turning out to be a pretty epic day for making things. For starters, I made an owl following this tutorial: http://moonstitches.typepad.com/photos/tutowlrial/index.html. I'm really pleased by this little dude, even though he lacks eyes (because I lack buttons). I picked up some gorgeous fabric to make a skirt out of, and I have several other little garb projects that I'm working on diligently.

I'm knitting Amanda a hat following the Shroom pattern from Knitty.com. It's a quick knit, and a hat that I particularly like so I figured that she would enjoy it as well. It's nearly done.

I'm going to be ordering some essential oils and other goodies from Atlantic Spice with my mom soon. On the agenda for Christmas presents: lip balm, lotion, bath oil and bath salts.

I bought some cotton dishcloth yarn today to knit dishcloths for Christmas presents. I'm thinking about knitting up little soap pouches for the soap that I've already purchased for presents. Also on the agenda: painting and decorating candles.

Random to-do item: crochet ties for the living room curtains. I get excellent sunlight for most of the day and could do without having the overhead light on all the time but the damn curtains won't stay open. I'm going to fix this.

Laundry.

And here's the stuff for today:
I declared my minors and filled out my application for graduation. Also emailed DW about my project for this fall. All and all, I'm getting a lot done today. I need to study some pharmacology.

Also, I need to do some toxicokinetics homework. :P

Also, I finished Amanda's hat yesterday. It's really cute. I'm well pleased.

Also, I made an owl yesterday. I need to make another one to accompany Amanda's hat and something else.

Lee is sick. I hope that I don't catch whatever he has.

I need to keep up with the online portion of my flash fiction class. Blarg.

No comments:

Post a Comment