Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This has been an excellent few days for creating things. This past weekend I finished my Endpaper Mitts (not photographed yet), my Shroom hat (also not pictured yet) and my emerald Bombshell Betty hat (pictured below).

Bombshell Betty V1


Bombshell Betty V1

I also started a cranberry red fleece jacket. The body and hood are completed, but I need to find some fasteners and finish the sleeves, then figure out how i'm going to go about hemming/edging everything. Fleece doesn't lend itself to hemming in the traditional manner, so I was planning on zig-zag stitching along the edges to finish. I need to do some interfacing on the inside to keep the fleece from losing its shape and I'm also throwing around the idea of edging with bias tape. Interfacing naturally means that I'm going to have to find my interfacing collection.

I've finally been granted a sort of respite from the rigors of college for the time being. I have an Immunology exam coming up later this week, but that is all that I have to worry about.

I've frogged the TTL socks and have started a simpler pattern. Socktoberfest is coming up very soon and I recently ordered some Knit Picks Firecracker heather Stroll to knit the TTL mystery socks for this October. Since I've knocked out some of the WIPs that were sitting around, I can focus on the garter rib socks that I'm currently working on and will hopefully have them done by the time Socktoberfest rolls around.

As it stands, a trip to the library is in order. After that, a relaxing evening at home and hopefully some quality time with my boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment