Still working on Mom's shawl. Also in the basket are the following: Reading Mitts, Endpaper Mitts, TTL Mystery Socks '09, Ruffled Scarf, Yoga Socks, My So-Called Scarf, and the Sandman Scarf. I'm forbidden to start any new projects until I finish these. Ugh. It would really help if I was close to finishing...any of them. I have one Reading Mitt and one Endpaper mitt done. I'm roughly a third of the way through my Ruffled Scarf and My So-Called scarf. I have two or so repeats of the lace pattern of the Sandman Scarf done and a little bit more than the cuffs done on the yoga socks and ttl mystery socks.
In other news, I went running tonight and went much further than I thought I was going to. Some hooligans hooted at me from their passing Honda, which was both an ego boost and kind of disconcerting. I've never had that happen when I've gone running on the streets where I live before and frankly I'm quite shocked. My neighborhood consists of families and retired couples. We don't have a lot of teenagers running around (being hooligans). It was an absolutely beautiful night while I was out - cool, clean air...peaceful weather - and I found myself feeling sad about the changing seasons. I love the summer and will miss it dearly. With the Fall comes opportunities to curl up under blankets, indulge in slippers and woolly socks and shawls and scarves. I'm finally going to get to wear the fingerless gloves that I've been making this summer.
I'm going to be far more inclined to settle down and stay in and work on the projects that I have piled up from summer. It's already down to 69 degrees in my house and the sun has only been down for two hours. I think it's time to change out of work out clothes and put on some warm, cuddly pajamas and get a cup of tea and relax for a bit before I go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment