At the outset, I had every intention of documenting what I wore every day so that I could figure out what I need to make more of, and what I should avoid making; however, everything went off the rails during the wedding weekend. With the exception of a few days at the end of the month, I still successfully wore primarily handmade garments - and the few days I missed were due to laundry issues.
See, between the 15th and the 31st, I was only at home about six days. So laundry never got done, I ran out of handmade clothes, AND I was traveling out of town (i.e. unpredictable weather in the Midwest) so some days I'd wake up intending to wear one of my two Morris blazers, and I just didn't quite happen.
I've done a lot of sewing though. I helped a friend finish a cloak for his White Mage cosplay (he's at the con this weekend, so hopefully there will be pictures soon) - which went extraordinarily slowly because he'd never sewn a garment using a pattern before and some of the assembly was a little fussy. I made some pantaloons for another friend who's getting back into Dagorhir.
I finished Anima shorts for myself, and over the last couple days I've made two Mesa dresses from the Seamworks June edition. I'm not usually a dress person, but I adore this pattern. The second one just needs hemmed and I'll be able to wear it! I need to somehow adjust the shoulders of the pattern - I have narrow shoulders, and wide necklines aren't the easiest or most comfortable to wear.
I'm turning my sewing-brain to new projects: Josh and I decided to attend at least a portion of Ragnarok this year, which means that I have quite a bit of sewing to do to get ready. We both need some new garb - I just purged a ton of stuff and only kept the things that I knew I'd wear again (and that still fit), which means that I'm seriously lacking tops/tunics. I'm planning to make a few Pavlova wrap tops to wear over tank tops with pantaloons, and call it a day. Josh needs new tops/tunics as well, but I need to adjust the patterns before I can just bust out some minivests.
No comments:
Post a Comment