Sunday, August 14, 2011

New Workroom

I've decided that since I never, ever use the dining room for its intended purpose, and that I really would prefer more room to spread out and work on my many and varied projects, that I'd repurpose my dining room into a second work room.  It's pretty ideal for that purpose because it has pretty big windows that look out over the back yard and plenty of afternoon to evening sunlight.  I also vastly prefer to work at large tables than at desks and thus far have only used my dining room table to serve food about four times since I moved in about a year and a half ago.

Pictures!

New Writing Lab!

I love the overhead light fixture too.  It has energy-efficient light bulbs that emulate natural sunlight which really helps those of us who have a hard time seeing things to start with and who particularly hate working in the dark.

Photobucket

So much room to spread out my books and notebooks and index cards and post-its. 

Reading Nook

Reading corner.  The ottoman is a long-standing piece of furniture that I've had since I was a freshman in college and it's gone through several different transformations.  It has gotten the most use in the last few days that it's gotten since I moved it into the house. 

Bookshelf!

I finally have my books where I can see them!  This is far from all of them (there were stacks on the table, more stacked on my actual desk, some on my bedside table and even more on a bookshelf in my designated office and stacked in the closet) but these are some of my favorites and/or ones that I'm currently reading or are in the queue to be read. 

On an unrelated note, Lee and I made steaks the other week for date night and this is what they looked like when they were marinading:


Photobucket

Pretty, and totally delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment