Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Sweater

I'm currently nearly finished with Hew, but I've run out of yarn!  While I pause to regroup and make some decisions (whether to frog the entire thing or just the collar and reknit the collar in a contrast yarn) I've been looking at other sweater patterns on Ravelry.  Hew has knitted up so quickly that I feel confident in tackling a bigger sweater project.  I was trying to find a simple raglan constructed sweater without a lot of bells and whistles - but it had to have a more open neckline.  Unfortunately, I have yet to find that and lack the confidence to alter another pattern to suit, but I did find the Waiting for Spring Sweater and I absolutely love this design.  I'm hopefully going to go pick up yarn and needles to get started on it tomorrow.  I'm not thrilled that it's worked flat in pieces, blocked, then sewn together but I'll just have to accept that and move on.  Damn purl stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment