I'm fairly certain that I won't have time to post again until March. Things have gotten somewhat crazy around here and I haven't had time to do much.
I'm currently working on a ribbed shrug that I started during Christmas break. It's more than halfway completed and will prove to be delightful when finished.
Also on the agenda are the Peaks Island Hood and Ishbel Beret, both Ysolda Teague patterns which I have been enjoying immensely when I've had a chance to work on them.
I've been busy sewing garb for people, in particular a hood and half-cape for Goggles.
Thrifted two blouses from Saver's today, one plain white cotton and the other a sheer, floral-print. I tea-dyed the plain white blouse to be part of my costume for tonight (the pre-Bowlathon party is happening at Jax tonight and I have made brown paisley chaps to go with the Western Theme). The inspiration for my costume came from Sharon Stone's character The Lady in The Quick and the Dead.
I also knit a scarf based on the scarf Natalie Portman's character wore in Black Swan. This is currently one of my favorite scarves due to its lovely Spring-like color palatte.
My skirt is still on the dress form, though I have managed to set in the zipper and all that remains to do is take in the waistband and hem the bottom. I'm sewing another one of these skirts for Pan as dress garb for the coming Dag season.
While I was having my ceiling patched (long story - not my fault) I knit Ysolda Teague's Ripley and Icing Swirl hats. Have not yet had a chance to wear them though I imagine that I will during the coming week and during spring break.
I have tentative plans to make this quilt, thought with a few changes: http://www.boltneighborhood.com/2010/12/gifts-to-make-the-quarter-throw-1.html
First, instead of the zig-zag pattern I'm going to quilt around the squares (to save time and my fingertips) and instead of using whatever fabric she suggests, I'm planning to use straight-up quilters cotton in shades of beige, green, cream, and brown (to match my living room). Basically I want a cuddly, heavy quilt especially for snuggling under while watching TV and this is a ridiculously simple pattern that I should be able to get to the quilting phase in a few days.
Right now a great many of my projects are on hold (it seems that I'm always saying that) because next week I have three exams and a paper due. This weekend will be devoted to preparing for those. Next Friday marks the beginning of Spring Break and I could not be more ready.
My family is going to be vacationing near Port Huron which means that a visit to Mary Maxims may be in order. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment