Friday, November 12, 2010

Goodwill Finds

My dear Mor'sereg friends and I went to Goodwill yesterday, and it was the first time in forever that I've seen many of them and we had a most excellent time. I found some feastware for next summer in the form of wooden bowls (which I'm planning to polyurethane to make them easier to clean) and two lace shawls (one white, the other black) for night garb. I also found a larger wooden bowl - impractical for food and not remotely water-retentive - that I'm using to hold the skeins of yarn of knitting projects so they quit picking up the hair that I shed pretty much everywhere. A big bag of silverware for a dollar completed my purchases - I will never worry about losing silverware at Ragnarok again.

Christmas knitting continues. I started Thorpe for Dad. Knitting, crafting, and doing the things that I generally enjoy is on hold until next Wednesday because I have two exams and the GRE on Monday and Tuesday next week and desperately need to study for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment