Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Papercut Patterns Ohh La Leggings

So, I've owned three Papercut Patterns patterns for a couple years now, and two of them (Anima pants and Undercover hood) are big-time TNT patterns for me.  The third pattern is the Ohh La Leggings, and I finally got around to making them around a week ago.


Bam!

My first pair are made from a poly/spandex dance-wear knit.  First time out, I made the 3/4 length, then shortened them about 3-4" (didn't measure, just pinned where I thought they should end while wearing them and hacked some fabric off).  Later, I realized the length I wanted was the knee length.  This is why I should actually, you know, read the pattern at all before just jumping in.

Of course, I was so tickled about making these that I wanted more.  Immediately.  These are just barely not instant gratification, and I adore the seaming.

BAM!

The black fabric is the same poly/spandex knit from above, the light blue is a different dance/athletic fabric.  Both fabrics are from Joann's, so they're kind of on the thin side and shiny.  Fortunately, I love almost tacky shiny things.  

Also, both fabrics were slippery, roll-y, and stupid, so I had kind of a shit time getting the curves to fit together correctly, so they're a little off in places.  I'm gambling that no one will want to examine my crotch seams while I'm wearing these to do athletic things.  

The pattern's awesome, my problems with getting things to come together entirely resulted from choosing fabric that wouldn't cooperate.  Still love them, still going to wear them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment