Friday, December 11, 2015

Recent Projects

Here's a round up of the stuff I've made in the last few weeks/months.  They aren't in any particular order, and the pictures aren't fantastic - all of the taken indoors during the Toledo fall/winter.


Aberdeen - Seamwork Magazine

I really want to like this pattern.  I love dolman sleeves, and this is delightfully frumpy, but I have a hell of a time setting in the V-neck (which is unique to this pattern - I handled the V-neck on the Renfrew just fine).  This is my third time making this pattern, and the neckline still turns out wonky, but I have a limited capacity to care since it's going to be a loose, comfy shirt to wear around the house anyway.


Undercover Hood - Papercut Patterns - wearable muslin

My sister asked me to make her a sweatshirt/comfy shirt with a cowl neckline similar to a sweatshirt that Mom bought for me that I've been wearing a lot.  I started with the Undercover Hood pattern - which I've made for Tori before with success.  I then made a rectangle as big around as the neckline, sewed it together to make a lined cowl, and added a channel and grommets for a drawstring.  The gray version is the muslin I made to test out my theory, and it's become one of my favorite tops.

The gift version is on the left:

Center: self-drafted athletic tanks.  Right: Astoria -Seamwork Magazine

All of these are gifts for Tori.  I used some leftover bridesmaids dress fabric to make her a lengthened Astoria (she's a little more long-waisted than I am) and an athletic tank (she does Crossfit in her spare time).  


Project bag (for Mom)

I made this out of quilters cotton from Joann's using this tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0 

I also got her some stitch markers, a stitch counter, and a shawl pin to go in the bag and I'm working on a pair of slipper socks to go in it as well.

Afterthought heel socks for Dad

Dad requested a pair of socks for Christmas, so these are what he's getting along with a bottle of Toledo Spirits Whiskey Foxtrot Tango Batch 3 whiskey.  

Izel hat made from Mary Maxim Mellowspun DK

This was a trial run of this pattern, made from colors that Josh likes.  I finished it awhile ago, and in the meantime I knit myself a bigger, slouchier version using Patons Classic Wool Merino.  

All of these projects were documented for the Eryndor Artistry Guild, which is why I have pictures of them to dump here today.  I'm well on my way to masteries in tailoring and binding (sewing and knitting).

No comments:

Post a Comment