1 May: Black-and-floral Myrtle dress (Colette Patterns) + ponte Morris blazer (Grainline Studio). Worn out to see Age of Ultron, then to play Pathfinder with friends.
2 May: Purple Veronika skirt (Megan Nielsen) + ponte Morris blazer (Grainline Studio). Worn out to the grocery and to work on Harle's white mage cosplay (more details later!).
3 May: Gray Anima pants (Papercut Patterns) + handknit socks (Kai-Mei, Cookie A). Worn around the house on a lazy Sunday while doing laundry and watching Charmed and waiting for Game of Thrones!
I spent part of the morning looking through my copy of The Colette Sewing Handbook and Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing, retaking my measurements, learning how to do a FBA (and trying it out with a quickie Sorbetto), and finally making a list of what I'd like to make for next year for MMM.
High on the list is a pair of cotton loungewear/pajama shorts. I'd love to rub off a pattern from a pair of flannel pajama shorts I got at Aerie six years ago that I adore, but they're also a bit too small now so that might take a minute. I'm eyeing Simplicity 4023 as a potential pattern to work from, since it's a simple, draw-string pajama pant. Another possibility is the pajama pant pattern in Love at First Stitch.
But that will have to wait. Right now my top three sewing priorities for the next week are sewing another Myrtle to wear to a wedding on the 15th, a blanket as a wedding gift, and helping my friend sew a white mage cloak for a cosplay he's putting together.
No comments:
Post a Comment